Cisco CCIE Data Center Exam Update to Version 2.0
The changes reflect both the evolving data center environment and the evolving CCIE data center job role. Compared to v1.0, CCIE Data Center v2.0 focuses more on skills and technologies then on the hardware.
The CCIE Data Center exam topics have been revised from version 1.0 to version 2.0 to certify candidates’ knowledge and capabilities based on the latest skills and technologies required of expert-level data center professionals. The v2.0 exam will be available for testing from July 25, 2016.
The changes reflect both the evolving data center environment and the evolving CCIE data center job role. Compared to CCIE Data Center v1.0, CCIE Data Center v2.0 domains were designed to focus more on skills and technologies then on the hardware. All the v2.0 domains include skills focused on designing, implementing and troubleshooting. Domains such Application Networking Services, which were focused on products such as ACE and WAAS have been removed. Meanwhile, evolving technologies such as Cloud and ACI have been added in the v2.0 blueprint. The Storage and Compute sections have been refreshed and combined into a consolidated domain in v2.0 as Data Center Storage Networking and Compute.
Topics Added to the CCIE Data Center v2.0 Exam:
- Implement and Troubleshoot Data Center Automation
- Implement and Troubleshoot Data Center Orchestration Tools
- Integrate Cisco Cloud Offerings into Existing Data Center Infrastructure
- Design, Implement and Troubleshoot Policy and Non-Policy Driven Internal Fabric Connectivity
- Design, Implement and Troubleshoot Infrastructure Policies and Elements
- Design, Implement and Troubleshoot External Fabric Connectivity
- Evolving Technologies
Topics No Longer Included in the CCIE Data Center v2.0 Exam:
- Implement Data Center Application High Availability and Load Balancing
- Implement FCIP Features
CCIE Data Center v1.0
CCIE Data Center v2.0
All of the domains or tasks listed appear on both the written and the lab exams, making it a unified blueprint for both exams. Note the exam topics serve as a general guideline for the content likely to be included in the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any delivery of the exam.
The new lab and written exams will be available for testing from July 25, 2016.
For more information about the exams and recommended trainings, feel free to contact our team.
- Learning Programs for CCIE Data Center Certification
- CCIE Data Center v2.0 Written Exam Overview
- CCIE Data Center v2.0 Lab Exam Overview
- CCIE Data Center Exam Topic Delta Document (PDF)
- Evolving Technologies Domain Overview