NIL becomes CWNP Authorized Learning Partner
CWNP (Certified Wireless Network Professional) is the IT industry standard for vendor-neutral enterprise Wi-Fi certification and training. NIL, CWNP Authorized Learning Partner, offers the complete portfolio of official CWNP trainings across the entire EMEA region. NIL’s CWNE-certified instructor delivers the courses.
CWNP is the de facto standard for enterprise Wi-Fi training and certification. It is the only vendor-neutral wireless LAN certification program in the industry, offering four levels of globally recognized enterprise WLAN certifications, from novice to expert. The CWNP certification program tests vendor-neutral wireless LAN 802.11 technology, rather than specific functions of vendor products. Passing the CWNP exams therefore enables IT professionals to learn and understand any vendor's product line.
NIL has recently fulfilled all the requirements, including acquiring Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE) instructor, and as a result became CWNP Authorized Learning Partner. NIL will conduct CWNP trainings in its training centers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and also at customers’ locations globally. In addition to site in Slovenia, NIL has training centers in South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Morocco and Serbia.
“The CWNP certifications are one of the most respected vendor-neutral wireless certifications in the industry and we are excited to become authorized CWNP Learning Partner. The need for IT professionals who are able to design and maintain secure, reliable and cost-effective wireless networks goes hand in hand with wireless networks expansion and individuals holding any of CWNP-certifications can greatly benefit from that trend,” said Bojan Kotnik, Director of NIL Learning, NIL.
NIL also holds Cisco Learning Partner Specialized status and has recently received Cisco Global Learning Partner of the Year 2014 award. The CWNP is an important expansion of their learning portfolio and complementary to Cisco Wireless certification track.
“It is important to emphasize the difference between CWNP and vendor certification programs like Cisco Wireless certification track. CWNP is vendor-neutral training and covers the Wi-Fi concepts and how the enterprise wireless network should work. In one sentence, it is a certification program about wireless technologies in general. Some of this knowledge is also spread across the Cisco Wireless certification track, however Cisco Wireless certifications are more about how to properly design and implement technologies on Cisco equipment. There is no reason why someone wouldn’t benefit from taking both CWNP and Cisco Wireless tracks. On the contrary, each track actually complements the other. If you’re focused on Cisco Wireless products it makes sense to follow Cisco Wireless career certifications while at the same time broadening your knowledge through CWNP trainings. On the other hand, if you plan to or are already working with several vendors and would like to dig deeper into Wi-Fi technology itself, the CWNP certifications are the way to go,” explained Marko Tišler, CWNE #126, NIL.
CWNP certifications were introduced in 1996 and have since gained a lot of popularity. You can find CWNP-certified professionals in all industries well as governmental agencies in more than 140 countries. Vendors like Cisco and Intel recommend CWNP certifications, while U.S. Army included the program in their Wireless Security Standards document.
CWNP Enterprise Wi-Fi Career Certifications
CWNP offers career certifications in enterprise Wi-Fi technologies from beginner to expert. CWNP enterprise Wi-Fi career certifications challenge your knowledge of RF technologies, applications for Wi-Fi in the enterprise, and the tools used to troubleshoot and secure enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
- CWTS® - Certified Wireless Technology Specialist CWTS is an entry level certification for sales professionals, project managers, and networkers who are new to enterprise Wi-Fi. Learn what Wi-Fi is before you learn how it works. CWTS is a lifetime certification.
Recommended training: Enterprise Wi-Fi Fundamentals (CWTS)
- CWNA® - Certified Wireless Network Administrator CWNA is an administrator level career certification for networkers who are in the field and need to thoroughly understand RF behavior, site surveying, installation, and basic enterprise Wi-Fi security. CWNA is where you learn how RF and IP come together as a Wi-Fi network. The CWNA certification is valid for 3 years.
Recommended training: Enterprise Wi-Fi Administration (CWNA)
- CWSP® - Certified Wireless Security Professional CWSP is a professional level certification for network engineers who seek to establish their expertise in enterprise Wi-Fi security. Contrary to popular belief, enterprise Wi-Fi can be secure, if the IT pros installing and configuring it understand how to secure the wireless network. You must have a current CWNA credential to take the CWSP exam. The CWSP certification is valid for 3 years.
Recommended training: Enterprise Wi-Fi Security (CWSP)
- CWDP® - Certified Wireless Design Professional CWDP is a professional level career certification for networkers who are already CWNA certified and have a thorough understanding of RF technologies and applications of 802.11 networks. The CWDP curriculum prepares WLAN professionals to properly design wireless LANs for different applications to perform optimally in different environments. You must have a current CWNA credential to take the CWDP exam. The CWDP certification is valid for 3 years.
Recommended training: Enterprise Wi-Fi Network Design (CWDP)
- CWAP® - Certified Wireless Analysis Professional CWAP is a professional level career certification for networkers who are already CWNA certified and have a thorough understanding of RF technologies and applications of 802.11 networks. The CWAP curriculum prepares WLAN professionals to analyze, troubleshoot, and optimize any wireless LAN. You must have a current CWNA credential to take the CWAP exam. The CWAP certification is valid for 3 years. The CWAP exam PW0-270 is available at all Pearson VUE Testing Centers worldwide.
Recommended training: Enterprise Wi-Fi Analysis & Troubleshooting (CWAP)
- CWNE® - Certified Wireless Network Expert CWNE is an expert level Wi-Fi certification for the most elite Wi-Fi professionals. Do you have what it takes to be recognized as an expert in enterprise Wi-Fi? If so, start here. Marko Tišler is NIL Learning's CWNE-certified instructor.
NIL Learning delivers leading-edge training to IT professionals and companies around the globe. Through field-proven experts — each both active engineer, content developer and instructor – NIL Learning enhances the standard learning curriculum with real-life experience and helps clients to maximize their training investment.
NIL Learning is part of NIL Ltd, a leading global IT solutions provider. Since 1992, NIL has been at the forefront of advanced contributors to strategic partner Cisco’s technologies, learning curriculum and value-added solutions deployed to clients around the globe. Today, NIL has earned the highest certifications offered by Cisco, VMware, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, F5, Jive, MobileIron, Palo Alto Networks, RSA, VCE and others. Their portfolio of solutions consists of managed services, professional services and learning services.
NIL is headquartered in Slovenia, with regional offices and representatives in Croatia, Serbia, Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Turkey, South Africa, Morocco, Nigeria, Kenya and Botswana.‹ back