New Cisco CCNA and CCNP Service Provider courses available
NIL Learning, Cisco's Global Learning Partner of the Year 2014, announced today the availability of the updated Cisco CCNA Service Provider and CCNP Service Provider courses: SPNGN1 v1.2, SPNGN2 v1.2, SPROUTE v1.2, SPADVROUTE v1.2, SPCORE v1.2, and SPEDGE v1.2.
The biggest change in CCNA Service Provider and CCNP Service Provider courses is in the software versions used in lab activities. All Cisco IOS XR devices run Cisco IOS XR Software 5.1.1 and also other devices have been updated to the latest software releases. All configurations and outputs are now updated to the respective version of the software. The course flows for all six courses remain similar. However, some important new Service Provider-related features have been added to all the courses and labs. Several lab exercises were changed in order to improve the flow and to be closely aligned with the Service Provider environment.
NIL with its decades of experience in Service Provider space has significantly contributed to the shape of the new CCNA and CCNP Service Provider courses. All courses are now available and scheduled for delivery. Check for available CCNA Service Provider training dates or CCNP Service Provider training dates.
CCNA Service Provider courses:
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1) v1.2: The major change in the SPNGN1 course is the software update to the latest release. In terms of content, some obsolete topics were removed (like Hubs and Collisions) and new lab exercises on network device security added. Please read the course description to learn more about the detailed course content.
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2) v1.2: As in SPNGN1 also in the SPNGN2 course the major change relates to the software update. The course now includes the new Cisco hardware platforms, such as Cisco 6000 NCS Series, while some of the EOS/EOL platforms, such as Cisco 7600 and Cisco 7200 Series, were removed from the content. The updated course also includes more lab time, as four new tasks have been added to the existing Hardware Labs. Please read the course description to learn more.
CCNP Service Provider courses:
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) v1.2: The training structure remains the same and the major change of the course consists of the latest software updates. You can learn more about the new content in the course outline.
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) v1.2: The course structure stays is the same, while the major change to the content is an update to the latest software. There are also some other minor content updates (such as Multihomed Customer Connectivity, Routing Schemes etc.). Read more about the course.
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE) v1.2: Also in the SPCORE v1.2 the course structure remains the same. Additions to the course consist of the latest software updates. Some content was added (MPLS Traffic Engineering [MPLS TE], AutoTunnel Backup, MPLS TE AutoTunnel Mesh, MPLS TE End-to-End Path Protection), while some topics were removed or trimmed (QoS Policy Propagation via BGP and NBAR). Learn more.
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE) v1.2: The content was updated according to the latest software feature sets and the course now consists of five modules, instead of four. New technologies were added (Carrier-Supporting-Carrier Support for MPLS LDP, Flexible Layer 3 VPN Label Allocation Mode, OSPFv3 as PE-CE etc.) and some content was removed (ME3400E switches). Learn more about the course in the detailed outline.