Cisco Updates Design Training Portfolio
The CCDA Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) and CCDP Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) trainings have been updated from version 2.0 to 3.0.
The Cisco Design certification portfolio covers the breadth of knowledge and skills needed to plan, design, and optimize Cisco Enterprise Networks of varying size, purpose, and complexity. The portfolio offers a complete career path for network engineers who want to develop and advance their Cisco Enterprise Network architecture design expertise to meet rapidly evolving demands.
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) Certification
The Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification is specifically aligned with the range of the actual job tasks network design engineers perform—from planning and on-going design support to network expansion considerations within Enterprise Network architectures.
CCDA Exam and Training Revision
The CCDA 640-864 DESGN exam v3.0 and the recommended training have been updated to add focus on new and evolving technologies such as service virtualization and programmable controller based architectures, while extending the design perspective across all segments of Cisco’s Enterprise Network architectures.
Candidates can choose to take either the 640-864 DESGN exam or the new 200-310 DESGN exam. The last day to test for the 640-864 DESGN exam is December 14, 2015.
Topics Removed from the DESGN Exam:
- Describe developing business trends
- Describe network management protocols and features
- Describe network architecture for the enterprise
- Identify Cisco technologies to mitigate security vulnerabilities
Topics Added to the DESGN Exam:
- Describe the Cisco Design lifecycle—PBM (Plan, Build, Manage)
- Describe the importance and application of scalability in a network
- Describe the importance and application of resiliency in a network
- Describe the importance and application of fault domains in a network
- Design a basic branch network
- Describe the concepts of virtualization within a network design
- Identify network elements that can be virtualized
- Describe data center components
- Describe the concepts of network programmability within a network design
Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) Certification
The Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certification builds from the design principles within CCDA and is specifically aligned with the range of the actual job tasks senior network design engineers perform—from advanced addressing and routing solutions to overseeing capacity planning of network upgrades and new services within Enterprise Network architectures.
CCDP Exam and Training Revision
The CCDP 642-874 ARCH exam and the recommended training have been updated to add focus on new and evolving technologies including service virtualization and programmable controller-based architectures, IPv6 migration and QoS strategies for optimal performance, while extending the design perspective across all segments of Cisco’s Enterprise Network architectures.
Candidates can choose to take either the 640-874 ARCH exam or the new 300-320 ARCH exam. The last day to test for the 640-874 ARCH exam is December 14, 2015.
Topics Removed from the ARCH Exam:
- Design for infrastructure services
- Identify network management capabilities in Cisco IOS Software
- Create summary-able and structured addressing designs
- Describe IPv6 for campus design considerations
- Describe the components and technologies of a SAN network
- Create an effective e-commerce design
- Create remote access VPN designs for the teleworker
Topics Added to the ARCH Exam:
- Create stable, secure, and scalable routing designs for IS-IS
- Determine IPv6 migration strategies
- Design data center interconnectivity
- Design data center and network integration
- Select appropriate QoS strategies to meet customer requirements
- Design end-to-end QoS policies
- Design a network to support network programmability (SDN)
- Describe network virtualization technologies for the data center
CCDA and CCDP Trainings Availability, Registration and Pricing
NIL Learning already offers the new DESGN v3.0 and ARCH v3.0 instructor-led courses. Please check out our public training schedule for available dates. You can attend the courses at one of our training centers across the EMEAR region or remotely via our TLT solution.‹ back