Cisco refreshes IOS XR training portfolio
New courses are centered on technologies, not so much on hardware, making them more flexible and aligned with specific job requirements.
A well-administered, secure, and efficient large-scale network environment is key in any successful business, as it helps monetize services faster, it reduces network downtime, keeps cost under control and ensures business continuity.
Skills for today's large-scale networks challenges
As business requirements continue to evolve, so is Cisco updating its training portfolio to provide network engineers with skills that match new business and technical needs. The Cisco Learning Services (CLS) Service Provider Routing courses provide your networking team with hands-on experience required to properly design, install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot large networks in today’s complex service provider or large enterprise environments.
Cisco announced a major update to their Service Provider Routing training portfolio by introducing 5 new courses on its Cisco IOS XR Operating System.
The new courses are more technology rather than hardware focused, and are eliminating the duplicated content within the existing IOS XR training portfolio. Additionally, the new courses have a clearer hierarchy, which eliminates confusion on a student's curriculum path.
- Introduction to Cisco IOS-XR (IOSXR100) course teaches the fundamental concepts on which Cisco IOS XR is based and basic operations for configuration, software, file system configuration, and monitoring. Basic troubleshooting for problems relating to process failures, frozen processes, and high CPU and memory consumption is also covered.
- Cisco IOS-XR System Administration (IOSXR200) training covers the knowledge and skill sets required to perform various system administration duties using Cisco IOS XR Software in a typical network environment. The course teaches the fundamental concepts on which the operating system is based so that students understand how to carry out necessary administration functions.
- Cisco IOS-XR Basic Troubleshooting (IOSXR201) course provides the knowledge and skill sets required to perform various basic troubleshooting duties using Cisco IOS XR Software in a typical network environment.
- Cisco IOS XR Layer 3 VPN Implementation and Verification (IOSXR301) training covers how to implement and verify Layer 3 VPN Services on a Cisco IOS-XR Software–based network.
- Cisco IOS XR Multicast Routing Implementation and Verification (IOSXR302) course covers implementing multicast routing and multicast VPNs on Cisco IOS XR Software-based platforms.
You can register for the new courses from August 1, however, initial deliveries will take place after September 6.
Retired Service Provider Routing courses
The following existing Service Provider Routing will be retired:
- Implementing and Maintaining Cisco Technologies Using IOS XR (IMTXR)
- Deploy, Maintain, and Troubleshoot Cisco IOS XR Software (DMTXR)
- Cisco CRS-3 Carrier Routing System Essentials (CRS3E)
- Understanding and Configuring MEF Certified Services on the Cisco ASR 9000 (UCMCS9K)
These will still be available for registration until October 28, 2016. The last day of training delivery is December 23, 2016.‹ back