Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
Redeem your CLCs for NIL Learning classes through Cisco
Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs) are prepaid training vouchers that make planning for your success easier when purchasing Cisco products and services.
Whether you're an individual or part of a team, CLCs ensure you have the tools you need to maximize success/value with your Cisco solutions.
You can redeem your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs) only directly with Cisco. This does not mean that you cannot spend your CLCs for Cisco training delivered by NIL Learning.
You can still do that, and we offer you three different options:
- Register for a scheduled CLC-eligible Cisco training provided by NIL directly at Cisco’s website: We always keep an offer of the most wanted courses that you can select from and register on the Cisco Learning Locator website immediately.
- Request to schedule a CLC-eligible course: If your desired course is not among the scheduled and listed CLC-eligible courses (delivered by NIL), we can add it there. Please contact our team with your training request and we will gladly help you.
- Request a dedicated training for your company or your customer only: Let us know your requirements and we will gladly arrange the training for you.
Kindly note Cisco may charge you VAT or Sales Tax if and where applicable. Learn more.
Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs) FAQs:
Can I use CLCs for courses delivered by NIL Learning?
Yes. You can still redeem your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs) for courses provided by NIL Learning.
There are two different ways:
- If you need a seat or two (the so-called Open Enrollment training): We regularly schedule courses that are eligible for CLC payment. You can book and pay for a course directly at Cisco Learning Locator website.
- If you need a dedicated training for your company or your customer (so called Closed Enrollment training): Let us know your requirements and we will organize the training for you.
Which CLC-eligible courses are currently scheduled as “delivered by NIL”?
|Course Name||Course Date||Language||Timezone||Price in CLCs||Registration Link|
|Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode – Advanced (DCNXA)||
October 2-5, 2023
(GUARANTEED TO RUN)
|French||GMT +2||40 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)||
October 9-13, 2023
(GUARANTEED TO RUN)
|English||GMT +2||46 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACI)||
October 16-20, 2023
(GUARANTEED TO RUN)
|English||GMT +2||46 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Designing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACID)||October 23-27, 2023||French||GMT +2||39 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Cisco Aggregation Services Router 9000 Series Essentials (ASR9KE)||October 23-26, 2023||French||GMT +2||36 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing DevOps Solutions and Practices using Cisco Platforms (DEVOPS)||October 23-27, 2023||English||GMT +2||45 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Collaboration Cloud and Edge Solutions (CLCEI)||October 23-27, 2023||English||GMT +2||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Transforming to a Cisco Intent-Based Network (IBNTRN)||October 23-27, 2023||English||GMT +2||46 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing the Cisco NCS540 Series Routers (NCS540HWE)||November 6-10, 2023||English||GMT +1||44 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Troubleshooting Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACIT)||November 8-9, 2023||English||GMT +1||21 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure–Advanced (DCACIA)||November 20-24, 2023||English||GMT +1||45 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Collaboration Conferencing (CLCNF)||November 13-17, 2023||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU)||November 20-24, 2023||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|NSO Essentials for Programmers and Network Architects (NSO201)||November 20-23, 2023||English||GMT +1||36 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Cisco Customer Success Manager (DTCSM)||November 27-29, 2023||English||GMT +1||22 CLCs||REGISTER|
Cisco Firewall Threat Defense and Intrusion Prevention (SFWIPF)
** NEW TRAINING **
|November 27-December 1, 2023||English||GMT +1||40 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure–Advanced (DCACIA)||December 4-8, 2023||Spanish||GMT +1||45 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE)||December 4-8, 2023||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR)||December 4-8, 2023||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco SD-WAN Solutions (ENSDWI)||December 4-8, 2023||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Cisco NSO Administration and DevOps (NSO303)||December 4-7, 2023||English||GMT +1||36 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (ENWLSD)||December 11-15, 2023||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Switches (DCMDS)||December 12-15, 2023||English||GMT +1||39 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks (ENWLSI)||January 8-12, 2024||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP)||January 8-12, 2024||English||GMT+1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance (SESA)||January 8-11, 2024||English||GMT +1||36 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode – Advanced (DCNXA)||January 8-11, 2024||English||GMT +1||40 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing and Operating Cisco Service Provider Network Core Technologies (SPCOR)||January 15-19, 2024||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)||January 15-19, 2024||English||GMT +1||46 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Enterprise Advanced Routing and Services (ENARSI)||January 15-19, 2024||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance (SWSA)||January 22-23, 2024||English||GMT +1||20 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure–Advanced (DCACIA)||January 22-26, 2024||English||GMT +1||45 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms (DEVASC)||January 22-26, 2024||English||GMT +1||45 CLCs||REGISTER|
|Implementing Cisco Service Provider Advanced Routing Solutions (SPRI)||January 22-26, 2024||English||GMT +1||43 CLCs||REGISTER|
My course is not on the list, but I would like to pay for it with CLCs. What should I do?
We regularly update the courses on the Cisco Learning Locator and can adjust the schedule depending on the interest from the market. If your course is not scheduled at the moment, we suggest you contact our team to discuss the options for scheduling it.
How fast will you schedule the course we requested on the Cisco Learning Locator?
It can take up to two weeks to schedule a course on the Cisco Learning Locator, so you can pay for it with CLCs. However, if you have an urgent request for training, our team will make sure that the schedule will be updated as soon as possible.
We have a team that would like to attend a CLC-eligible course. Can you deliver it only for us?
Yes, if you have at least 4 students. We suggest contacting us prior to register at Cisco’s website so we ensure the proper arrangement.
How can I see which courses are scheduled by NIL Learning?
On the Cisco Learning Locator, look for training provided by NIL Data Communications and with the CLC eligible icon. Example:
Can I pay with CLCs directly to NIL Learning?
No, you can redeem CLCs only directly with Cisco, not with NIL Learning or any other Cisco Learning partner. For open enrollment courses, you can pay with CLCs only on the Cisco Learning Locator website. For private courses (closed enrollment), contact our team and we will help you redeem your CLCs with Cisco.
What is the tax governance related to CLCs?
Effective late Summer 2022, Cisco will apply tax for all in-person instructor-led training (ILT) and virtual instructor-led training (VILT) orders to comply with Cisco corporate, federal, and local Tax/VAT governance. Cisco is introducing the Cisco Learning Delivery store to comply with global tax requirements. This platform will apply associated taxes to in-person instructor-led and virtual instructor-led transactions regardless of payment method.
- If your customer redeems Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs) for in-person instructor-led and virtual instructor-led orders, they must also use CLCs to cover the associated taxes for the transaction. Cisco will not be able to split the payment method between CLCs and a credit card.
- A minimum of 1 CLC will be applied toward tax when collection is required.
- Tax is calculated based on whether a class is virtual instructor-led or in-person instructor-led training as well as specific state/province/country tax applicability.
- If your business is tax exempt for purchases, you must provide a Tax-Exempt Certificate when you make your first purchase through the Cisco Learning Delivery store.
For European tax-exempt companies:
Most countries have a version of Tax-Exempt status, and it’s produced to US companies by way of a VAT number. Methods on how companies are identified, the ways they apply and maintain tax-exempt status, and their proof of tax-exempt status vary.
For US tax-exempt companies:
- Even if you apply for federal tax-exempt status, this exemption is not applicable for state taxes. You must have a state-specific, tax-exempt certificate in order to apply the certificate at checkout for an ILT offering. Note: See the FAQ on virtual vs. on-site tax calculation to determine how to best apply this certificate.
- If you are in a jurisdiction that does not tax ILT Offerings, you won’t be assessed tax at checkout, and thus an attached tax-exempt certificate will not adjust the price. If you are in a jurisdiction that does tax ILT Offerings, you must attach your tax-exempt certificate in order to make the order tax free.
- Each state has a different process on how to produce a seller-specific, tax-exempt certificate. Typically, this can be done online.
- Ensure that the seller for tax-exempt certificates is Digital River US.
- If you are purchasing multiple offerings, consider selecting the “blanket” certificate type instead of “single.” This will allow the certificate to remain associated to your Cisco Learning Delivery Store account.
- Federal Tax-Exempt Status: This is a status that organization must apply for and maintain through the United States Internal Revenue System (IRS). You can learn more and apply for tax-exempt status here.
- If you are not sure whether you are a tax-exempt organization, you can do a quick tax exempt company search.
- The certificate will be requested during the check-out process.
- This certificate is typically maintained by the finance or purchasing department of an organization. If you do not have the certificate in your possession, we encourage you to reach out proactively to your internal team and obtain a copy before you start the check-out process.
- If you cannot find a copy of your certificate, you can request a certificate two different ways:
- If your company completed the initial application (typically after 2020) online, the originator can log in to their online account and download a copy.
- If your company completed the application via mail or before 2020, you can complete a Form 4506-A to request a copy.