The new CCIE Security certification program prepares you for today’s expert-level job roles in security technologies. CCIE Security now includes automation and programmability to help you scale your security solutions. One of the industry’s most respected certifications, CCIE distinguishes you as a technical leader.
New exams go live on February 24, 2020.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE Security, but you should have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
CCIE candidates are recommended to have five to seven years of experience with designing, deploying, operating and optimizing security technologies and solutions prior to taking the exam.
To earn CCIE Security, you pass two exams: a qualifying exam and hands-on lab exam:
- Step 1: Take the qualifying exam Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR 300-701).
- The qualifying exam, Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies, focuses on your knowledge of data center infrastructure. The qualifying exam earns a specialist certification, so you can get recognized for your accomplishments along the way.
- Recommended training: Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR 300-701)
- Step 2: Take the lab exam CCIE Security v6.0
- This 8-hour hands-on lab exam covers the end-to-end lifecycle of complex security solutions and technologies, from designing and deploying to operating and optimizing.