New Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS Training
The new Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS) course teaches how to identify security threats in one place, in real-time, before they unfold.
The new Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS) v3.0 is part of a portfolio of Cisco security courses for enabling organizations to support and maintain Cisco Firepower systems. The SSFIPS training teaches how to check which hosts are being targeted within a network, what operating systems and applications are running, what mobile/client-side devices are in use, and what actions users are performing. Previously, gathering all this critical information required access to multiple systems, but the Cisco SSFIPS training empowers security engineers to do this in one place, in real-time, identifying threats before they unfold, making their organization more secure.
The course introduces the basic concepts of the next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and firewall security, and the Cisco Firepower system components and features, such as in-depth event analysis, NGIPS tuning and configuration, and Snort rules language overview.You will also get familiar with the latest platform features including file and malware inspection, security intelligence, domain awareness, and more..
Check out the SSFIPS course outline for detailed information about the course objectives, lessons, and labs.
What's new in the SSFIPS v3.0?
The new version of the course is more focused on establishing a solid foundation on the fundamentals of the Cisco Firepower system. The content has been changed in the following ways:
- More focus on the flow of polices and how they relate to traffic flow and management
- Some advanced topics, such as Correlation Policy, Rule writing and SSL Policy, have been removed
- Intrusion Polices, ACP, Firepower technology, and Security Intelligence Topics have been expanded significantly, and are explained in greater detail
- The Network Analysis Policy module has been changed to show concepts and fundamentals only
- New features in Cisco Firepower system release 6.x are included, such as domain awareness, DNS and URL additions to security intelligence, enhanced user authentication integrations
- A fictitious customer scenario has been created to flow through the modules that correspond to the labs (SecureBank)
SSFIPS Training availability, registration and pricing
Feel free to contact us for more information.‹ back