The Cisco DevNet certification program validates the skills of professional-level software developers, DevOps engineers, automation specialists, and other software professionals. The program certifies key emerging technical skills for a new kind of IT professional, empowering organizations to embrace the potential of applications, automation, and infrastructure for the network, Internet of Things (IoT), DevOps, and Webex.
To earn DevNet Professional certification, you pass two exams: one that covers core software development and design for Cisco platforms, and one concentration exam of your choice, so you can customize your certification to your area of focus. In addition, every exam in the DevNet Professional program earns an individual Specialist certification, so you get recognized for your accomplishments along the way.
New core 300-901 DEVCOR exam goes live on February 24, 2020.
There are no formal prerequisites for DevNet Professional certification, but you should have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
Ideally, DevNet Professional candidates also have three to five years of experience with software development including Python programming.
To earn DevNet Professional, you pass two exams, a core exam and a concentration exam of your choice:
- The core exam focuses on your knowledge of software development and design including using APIs, Cisco platforms, application deployment and security, and infrastructure and automation. The core exam earns a specialist certification, so you get recognized for your accomplishments along the way. Required Core exam for the DevNet professional certification is 300-901 DEVCOR.
- Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics such as enterprise automation, collaboration automation, data center automation, service provider automation, security automation, DevOps automation, IoT, and Cloud. Available concentration exams (you must pass one of your choice):
- Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR)
- Developing Solutions using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT)
- Implementing Automation for Cisco Collaboration Solutions (CLAUI)
- Implementing Automation for Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUI)
- Implementing Automation for Cisco Enterprise Solutions (ENAUI)
- Implementing Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions (SPAUI)
- Implementing DevOps Solutions and Practices using Cisco Platforms (DEVOPS)