Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
The Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) v7.0 is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco IPS-based security solutions. Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco IPS features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
Training Availability and Pricing
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line.
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor.
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements.
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment.
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution.
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high performance solutions according to policy and environmental requirements.
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware.
- Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
- Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Managing and Analyzing Events
- Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions
- Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification